from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See leukoderma.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The patchy loss of skin pigmentation.
- n. Alphos, a form of leprosy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A rare skin disease consisting in the development of smooth, milk-white spots upon various parts of the body.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A loss of pigment in one or more circumscribed parts of the skin, with increase of pigment in the skin immediately about such patches. Also called acquired leucodermia or leucopathia.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an acquired skin disease characterized by patches of unpigmented skin (often surrounded by a heavily pigmented border)
Latin vitilīgō, tetter.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)