from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To perform vivisection on (a living animal).
- intransitive v. To practice vivisection.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To perform vivisection upon; to dissect alive.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To perform vivisection upon; to dissect alive.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To dissect the living body of; practise vivisection upon; anatomize, as a living animal.
- To practise vivisection; dissect a living animal.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. cut (a body) open while still alive
Back-formation from vivisection.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)