from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who aspires to a role or position.
- n. One who imitates the behavior, customs, or dress of an admired person or group.
- n. A product designed to imitate the qualities or characteristics of something.
- adj. Wishing or aspiring to be; would-be.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Someone who wishes to be or do something, but lacks the qualifications or talent; an overeager amateur; an aspirant.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an ambitious and aspiring young person
Alteration of want to be.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Written form of a reduction of "want to be" (Wiktionary)