from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A document giving details and instructions relating to a shipment of goods.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A document that lists the final destination (and other details) of each part of a cargo.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A list of passengers in a public vehicle, or of the baggage or gods transported by a common carrier on a land route. When the goods are transported by water, the list is called a bill of lading.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A list of the names of passengers who are carried in a public conveyance, or the description of goods sent with a common carrier by land.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a receipt given by the carrier to the shipper acknowledging receipt of the goods being shipped and specifying the terms of delivery
From way + bill (Wiktionary)