from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The end of the week, especially the period from Friday evening through Sunday evening.
- intransitive v. To spend weekends or a weekend.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The break in the working week, usually two days including the traditional holy or sabbath day. Thus in western countries, Saturday and Sunday. Occasionally abbreviated to w/e.
- v. To spend the weekend.
- adj. Of, relating to or for the weekend.
- adj. Occurring at the weekend.
Sorry, no etymologies found.