from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or derived from wheat.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or made from wheat.
- adj. Of a pale yellow-beige colour, like that of wheat.
- n. A pale yellow or beige colour, like that of wheat.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Made of wheat.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of, pertaining to, or made from wheat: as, wheaten straw.
- Made of the grain or flour of wheat.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or derived from wheat
From Middle English wheten, from Old English hwǣten ("wheaten"), equivalent to wheat + -en. (Wiktionary)