from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- conj. Archaic While.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- conj. while
- v. Third-person singular simple present indicative form of while.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. Meanwhile; meantime.
- adv. sometimes; at times.
- conj. During the time that; while.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- While; during the time that; as long as; at the same time that.
- At times.
Middle English : while, while; see while + -es, genitive sing. suff.; see -s3.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)