from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Variant of white leather.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A soft, pale leather prepared by treatment with alum and salt (tawing)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Leather dressed or tawed with alum, salt, etc., remarkable for its pliability and toughness; white leather.
- n. The paxwax. See Paxwax.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Leather dressed with alum; white leather. See leather.
- n. The nuchal ligament of grazing animals, as the ox, supporting the head: same as paxwax. See cut under ligamentum.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a leather that has been treated with alum and/or salt
whit + leather? (Wiktionary)