from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Meaningless or content-free chatter in a discussion; drivel, babble.
- n. Used as the name of a metasyntactic variable.
- v. To make meaningless comments.
- v. To be overwhelmed by emotion and take on a childish expression with a quivering lips and chin.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A wimble. Tufts's Glossary of Thieves' Jargon(1798).
Unclear; possibly originates in the British Roger Irrelevant comic strip, then popularised by Your Sinclair magazine and the comedy Blackadder. (Wiktionary)