Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In Australia, a small tree of the saxifrage family, Polyosma Cunninghamii, bearing small, ovoid, one-seeded fruits.
- n. The grape.
- n. The red or black currant, or the gooseberry.
- n. A Japanese species of raspberry recently introduced into the United States.
- n. The whortleberry. See winberry.
- n. Same as toot-plant.
- n. The plant Rubus phoenicolasius, also called Japanese wineberry.
- n. Its edible fruit, resembling a raspberry.
- n. The tree Aristotelia serrata, endemic to New Zealand, with broad rose-coloured leaves.
- n. Its edible fruit, a small black berry.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The red currant.
- n. The bilberry.
- n. A peculiar New Zealand shrub (Coriaria ruscifolia), in which the petals ripen and afford an abundant purple juice from which a kind of wine is made. The plant also grows in Chili.
- n. raspberry of China and Japan having pale pink flowers grown for ornament and for the small red acid fruits
- n. graceful deciduous shrub or small tree having attractive foliage and small red berries that turn black at maturity and are used for making wine
“I see strawberry lemonade smoothies by the kiddie pool, bacon and lettuce sandwiches on homemade rye bread, and wineberry crisp made from our backyard berries.”
“Last time I tried that, I ended up with little wineberry-flavored jar-shaped rocks.”
“We stopped once to watch a big fat rockchuck grubbing around a bunch of wineberry bushes.”
“Rata and kamahi are also dominant on the steep, slip-prone mountain sides along with a variety of common small trees and shrubs like wineberry (Aristotelia serrata) and mahoe (Melicytus ramifloris).”
“Machiavelli, Jr. I was beginning to wish that the pseudonymous Machiavelli, Jr. had never been born, or, at least, had stayed on Theta Virgo IV and been a wineberry planter as his father had wanted him to be.”
“About the only thing Ray likes more than Indians are Sophie, Panda and High Pockets -- his three Jack Russells, or his '65 Ford Ranchero (yellow with red pearl and candy-apple wineberry trim) or his barbershop full of western antiques.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘wineberry’.
very nice enticing, berrilicious words
Looking for tweets for wineberry.