from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who works with electric wiring.
- n. Slang One who taps telephone lines; a wiretapper.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Someone who works with wire; primarily someone who connects electric wiring.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A man who puts up and looks after wires, as for the telegraph, telephone, or electric lighting.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a worker who installs and repairs electric wiring
Sorry, no etymologies found.