American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. An annual North American grass (Panicum capillare) having branching, purplish panicles.
- n. See couch grass.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Bot.) a kind of grass (Panicum capillare) with minute spikelets on long, slender pedicels forming a light, open panicle.
- n. European grass spreading rapidly by creeping rhizomes; naturalized in North America as a weed
- n. North American grass with slender brushy panicles; often a weed on cultivated land
- Probably alteration of quitch grass. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘witch grass’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for witch grass.