from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A bag to hold implements needed for work or material, such as needlework, that one is working on.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A bag containing tools or material used for work, especially needlework.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A bag for holding implements or materials for work; especially, a reticule, or bag for holding needlework, and the like.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A small bag of some textile material, formerly carried by women, and used to contain their needlework. The term was often used for the reticule.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. container for holding implements and materials for work (especially for sewing)
work + bag (Wiktionary)