American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Having a light complexion and light hair.
- n. A person having a light complexion and light hair.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Ethnol.) Having a yellowish or fair complexion.
- From Xanthochroi. (Wiktionary)
- New Latin Xanthōchroi, yellow-haired, fair-skinned people (a subdivision in a classification of varieties of humans by Thomas H. Huxley : Greek xantho-, xantho- + Greek ōkhroi, pl. of ōkhros, pale) + -oid. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“The suggestion that xanthochroid Aryans were "bleached" by exposure during the glacial period, does not agree with Wallace's doctrine concerning the coloration of Arctic animals.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘xanthochroid’.
Words meaning or invoking the different aspects of pale.
Not just colour, but also the ideas of impermanence, illness, weakness. (Just not the two noun forms â€“ a thin strip of metal or woo...
All the words from the Grandiloquent Dictionary.
946 of these 2700 words do not yield any results in six different dictionaries, hence many of them might be misspellings.
List? What list?
This is the list that makes up the world.
Looking for tweets for xanthochroid.