from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A yellowish-orange, lipid-filled nodule or papule in the skin, often on an eyelid or over a joint.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small, yellow nodule, rich in cholesterol and other lipids, that occurs in the skin, often near a joint
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A skin disease marked by the development or irregular yellowish patches upon the skin, especially upon the eyelids; -- called also xanthelasma.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A connective-tissue new growth in the skin, forming soft yellow patches, either flat (xanthoma planum) or tuberculated (xanthoma tuberosum).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a skin problem marked by the development (on the eyelids and neck and back) of irregular yellow nodules; sometimes attributable to disturbances of cholesterol metabolism
From xantho- + -oma. (Wiktionary)