American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The supposed production of offspring markedly different from either parent.
- n. See alternation of generations.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The generation of offspring which pass through an entirely different life-cycle from that of the parents, and never exhibit the characters of the latter: a mode of biogenesis supposed by Milne-Edwards to occur, but not proved to have any existence in fact.
- n. A foreign origin or source.
- n. biology The production of an offspring that is unlike either of its parents.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. Same as heterogenesis.
- n. The fancied production of an organism of one kind by an organism of another.
- n. the alternation of two or more different forms in the life cycle of a plant or animal
- From xeno- + -genesis. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘xenogenesis’.
I enjoy collecting words, for I have no fear of them ever running out.
Looking for tweets for xenogenesis.