American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A surgical instrument for scraping bones.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A surgeons' instrument for scraping bones.
- n. [capitalized] [NL.] A genus of fishes.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Surg.) An instrument for scraping bones.
- From Ancient Greek ξυστήρ ("xustēr"), from ξύω ("scrape"). (Wiktionary)
- Greek xūstēr, scraper, from xūein, to scrape. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘xyster’.
A third uncategorized list of words that catch my eye or fancy. Common or regional names and terms, names of foods and food preparation utensils, bird, plant and animal names, jargon words, and od...
A myriad of game-changing words every Scrabble addict must have in his arsenal.
Keep in mind that these are all tried-and-true feasibly playable words selected for their handiness, i.e...
Long live the Poles!
Pretty words. Words I really, really like.
Looking for tweets for xyster.