from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Obsolete spelling of yawp.
- v. Obsolete spelling of yawp.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To cry out like a child; to yelp.
- n. A cry of distress, rage, or the like, as the cry of a sickly bird, or of a child in pain.
- n. The blue titmouse.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A dialectal form of yelp.
- n. The blue titmouse, Parus cæruleus, more fully called blue yaup.
- To be hungry.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. emit long loud cries
Sorry, no etymologies found.