Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A dialectal form of yelp.
- n. The blue titmouse, Parus cæruleus, more fully called blue yaup.
- To be hungry.
GNU Webster's 1913
- v. Scot. & Colloq. U. S. To cry out like a child; to yelp.
- n. Scot. & Colloq. U. S. A cry of distress, rage, or the like, as the cry of a sickly bird, or of a child in pain.
- n. (Zoöl.), Prov. Eng. The blue titmouse.
- v. emit long loud cries
“Hold your yaup," cried another boy, standing by; "if you don't like your bet, Hen Billings, I'll take it off your hands.”
“With a shrill yaup of terror Long Bill jerked a gun from its holster and fired upward.”
“Emerson believes in him; Lowell not at all; Longfellow finds some good in his 'yaup;' but the truth is, he is in an amorphous condition.””
“Emerson believes in him; Lowell not at all; Longfellow finds some good in his 'yaup;' but the truth is, he is in an amorphous condition. ”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘yaup’.
There are 17576 different sequences of three letters (26 x 26 x 26). How many of them occur in words? General rules of engagement: mononyms only, lower case preferred to upper case, short preferred...
Looking for tweets for yaup.