from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- interj. Representing the bark of a fox (especially while mating).
- interj. To express happiness, to state that something is sexy.
- n. A bark.
- n. The act of yiffing.
- n. Pornography of furries (fictional anthropomorphic animal characters).
- v. For a fox to bark.
- v. To bark like a fox (especially in a sexual way).
- v. To have sex, to mate.
- v. To cybersex, to have cybersex, to sext.
Yiff is part of a range of onomatopoeic words that form a pseudo-language used by the furry role-playing community: yiff, yip, yerf, yaff, yarf, growf, and growlf (in order from most positive connotations to most negative connotations). Yiff meant yes or an exuberant hello!. Later, yiff was assigned a meaning of a sexual proposition, a meaning that had previously been assigned to yipp (a coarse form of yip). (Wiktionary)