from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having two toes projecting forward and two projecting backward, as certain climbing birds.
- n. A zygodactyl bird, such as a parrot.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having two toes pointing forward, and two pointing backward; zygodactylous.
- n. Any such bird (such as the parrot.)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Any zygodactylous bird.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In ornithology, yoke-toed: noting those birds, or the feet of those birds, which have the toes disposed in pairs, two before and two behind.
- n. A yoke-toed bird; a bird having the toes arranged in pairs.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of bird feet) having the first and fourth toes directed backward the second and third forward
From zyg- + Ancient Greek δάκτυλος (dáktulos, "finger"). (Wiktionary)