from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A study; a lesson; especially, in music, a composition having more or less artistic value, but intended mainly to exercise the pupil in overcoming some particular technical difficulty, or two or more related difficulties.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A composition in the fine arts which is intended, or may serve, for a study.
- noun (Mus.) A study; an exercise; a piece for practice of some special point of technical execution.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Alternative spelling of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a short composition for a solo instrument; intended as an exercise or to demonstrate technical virtuosity
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.