from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of etude.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A composition in the fine arts which is intended, or may serve, for a study.
- n. A study; an exercise; a piece for practice of some special point of technical execution.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A study; a lesson; especially, in music, a composition having more or less artistic value, but intended mainly to exercise the pupil in overcoming some particular technical difficulty, or two or more related difficulties.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a short composition for a solo instrument; intended as an exercise or to demonstrate technical virtuosity
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.