from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- suffix One that is associated with, participates in, makes, or does: songster.
- suffix One that is: youngster.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- suffix Someone who is, or who is associated with, or who does something specified.
- suffix A diminutive appended to a person's name.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A suffix denoting the agent (originally a woman), especially a person who does something with skill or as an occupation; as in spinster (originally, a woman who spins), songster, baxter (= bakester), youngster.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A termination denoting occupation, as in maltster, gamester, spinster, songster, etc.
- n. An abbreviation of sterling.
The "-ster" suffix hasn't done anyone any favors since Napster, after all, and it sounds so very dated.