from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or like the Titan Atlas, especially in having a fundamental role or great strength.
- adj. Of or relating to Atlantis.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An inhabitant of the mythical island of Atlantis.
- n. The language supposedly spoken by the inhabitants of Atlantis.
- n. A language invented for the 2001 animated film Atlantis: The Lost Empire.
- n. An atlantean pillar or statue (one in the form of an architectural atlas)
- adj. Of or like the Greek titan Atlas, who carries the heavens on his shoulders, as in Atlantean strength
- adj. Of the celestial spheres carried by Atlas
- adj. Of an architectural atlas or atlantid, or reminiscent of such: atlantean figures
- adj. Of the mythical island of Atlantis, its people, or its civilization.
- adj. flooded or submerged, especially in case of a natural disaster, reminiscent of the way Atlantis sank into the ocean
- adj. of Saturn's moon Atlas
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the isle Atlantis, which the ancients allege was sunk, and overwhelmed by the ocean.
- adj. Pertaining to, or resembling, Atlas; strong.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to Atlas; resembling Atlas.
- Pertaining to the island Atlantis of Plato and Strabo, fabled to exist in the ocean of the far West, or to Bacon's ideal commonwealth of that name.
- Sometimes written Atlantian.
The partial documents read by them had led them to believe that the Atlantean was a conqueror and a killer.
I only mean that, in a certain quality, which for want of a better word I have chosen to call Atlantean, they stand alone.
They even go into detail as to how they modeled the classic "Atlantean" sword...
It was one long love letter to Dick's neediness, Batman's cryptic nature, Ollie as 'The Blonde Bombshell in Green' and Arthur as some kind of Atlantean English Nobleman with thought patterns mere humans could never understand.
She became the granddaughter of the Atlantean sorcerer Arion.
You'll need some accessories .... you might as well start with a Conan the Barbarian Atlantean Sword from myArmoury. com ...
Get yourself the squishy and huggable Atlantean Sword of Conan himself!
In battle with Rexar, Thulsa's right hand man, Conan is first saved by flesh -- the returned spirit of his love Valeria -- and then by the strength of his Atlantean sword, which shatters his father's stolen steel blade.
In the throne room of the city of Maracanda, Thulsa and his companion Mallius are seemingly at the mercy of the crazed Atlantean sorceress.
Sort of like an Atlantean invasion, aliens feel so far removed from the standard Marvel setting that the effect is campy rather than sinister.