from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A light four-wheeled convertible carriage with two interior seats and places outside for a driver and footman.
- n. A Gladstone bag.
- Gladstone, William Ewart 1809-1898. British political leader who served as Liberal prime minister four times (1868-1874, 1880-1885, 1886, and 1892-1894). He enacted educational and parliamentary reforms and supported Irish home rule.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A Scottish habitational surname from the place in Lanarkshire.
- proper n. Any of several other places of the same name.
- proper n. William Ewart Gladstone, British Prime Minister.
- n. A Gladstone bag.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A four-wheeled pleasure carriage with two inside seats, calash top, and seats for driver and footman.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A roomy four-wheeled pleasure-carriage with two inside seats, calash-top, and seats for driver and footman.—
- n. Same as Gladstone bag.—
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a large travelling bag made of stiff leather
- n. liberal British statesman who served as prime minister four times (1809-1898)
GLADSTONE - Lifeguards may have been reinstated at the Gladstone beach for the 2010 season, but the public backlash following their initial cut is still resounding with city officials.
GLADSTONE - Three people were transported to the hospital early this morning following a one-car rollover on U.S. 2 between Gladstone and Rapid River, according to Michigan State
GLADSTONE - A check for more than $150,000 from the Dr. Mary Cretens trust, was presented to the city of Gladstone during Monday's city commission meeting.
GLADSTONE -- The over $425,000 Harbor Point project in Gladstone is coming along, and officials expect to be finished by the 4th of July.
GLADSTONE -- Saunders Point in Gladstone continues to be a dangerous spot for anglers.
GLADSTONE - H. John Gustafson, 78, of 705 N. Bluff Drive, Gladstone, passed away Tuesday morning, April 7, 2009 at home.
GLADSTONE - Gerald "Jerry" L. Danhoff, 77, of 7730 Summit 19.55 Drive, Gladstone, passed away Tuesday morning, March 31, 2008, at the St. Francis Hospital in Escanaba.
GLADSTONE - Three members of the Gladstone wrestling team, including the Upper Peninsula's Mr. Wrestler Chad Deno, will compete in the Division 2 state meet at The Palace of Auburn Hills this week.
GLADSTONE - Holocaust survivor and speaker Henry Greenbaum will be appearing in Gladstone this week.
GLADSTONE - Blanche J. Lamberg, 82, of Gladstone, passed away on Saturday morning, Feb. 28,