from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A trademark used for a hand-held camera and camera film.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A kind of portable photographic camera, esp. adapted for snapshot work, in which a succession of negatives is made upon a continuous roll of sensitized film; -- originally a trademark name of the Eastman Kodak Company, but from early 1900's through the 1930's it was popularly applied to almost any hand camera.
- n. A photograph taken with a kodak.
- v. To photograph with a kodak; hence, to describe or characterize briefly and vividly.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A hand-camera, of a special make, designed for taking instantaneous photographs; hence, any similar camera.
- To photograph with a kodak.
- To take photographs with a kodak; use a kodak.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
SUN AND KODAK SETTLE JAVA PATENT DISPUTE: Sun Microsystems will pay Kodak $92 million to settle a patent infringement action in respect of Java, the platform-independent programming language developed by Sun, it was announced yesterday.
-- KODAK Photo Paper: Kodak's new thin, E-surface (Lustre) paper responds to a market need from wholesale labs and retailers, who seek the trusted Kodak quality, but require a thinner paper for mass production workflow environment.
The new KODAK Card Readers are among the latest products available under a license agreement between Kodak and Sakar that was announced last year.
Many key features of the DCS Pro SLR/n camera are based on KODAK PROFESSIONAL firmware and are not hard-wired within the camera, so they can be enhanced and easily upgraded with free firmware downloads from Kodak.
Digital Display Software also enables access to exciting Internet content available at KODAK Gallery, and Kodak partners Flickr and FrameChannel.
Showcased at this year's Photokina trade fair in Cologne, Germany, the new cameras - the LEICA S2, the HASSELBLAD H3DII-50, and the SINAR Hy6-65 - are based on both new and existing KODAK CCD Image Sensors, and further establish Kodak as the leading supplier of the most advanced image sensors used in professional photography.
With the new hybrid option for the KODAK TRENDSETTER NX Imager, Kodak enables customers to image offset plates in addition to flexographic plates on the KODAK FLEXCEL NX System.
+ Save $30 off KODAK ESP 5250 and ESP 3250 All-in-One Printers at the Kodak
The term "Kodak moment" has earned a spot in The Online Slang Dictionary, which
He made up the name Kodak because he liked the letter K -- "strong and incisive."