from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- A suffix of nouns of French or other Romance origin, as accolade, ambuscade, brigade, cannonade, lemonade, etc., or of (a few) English nouns formed on the same model, as blockade, orangeade.
- A suffix of nouns of Spanish or Italian origin (originally masculine form of preceding), as brocade, renegade, etc. It also appears in the Spanish form -ado, as in renegado, desperado.
- A suffix of Greek origin, now usually -ad, as in decade (sometimes decad), nomade (usually nomad, like monad, triad, etc.).
- n. A drink of the lemonade or orangeade class.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Her façade is starting to flicker and fade into an electric blue haze, allowing me to see her true metallic shape underneath.
For that reason its exterior façade is made of limestone on the ground floor and an innovative terra-cotta cladding on the upper floors.
The front façade is dominated by a 30-foot tall vertical “airfoil” fin, which is actually a structural column, and is also made of stainless steel.
The façade is stone with two-sided shake roof ceiling made with "tejamanil," a roofing style characteristic of the region.
The façade is 18th Century baroque, framed by two pillars which support a simple frieze.
If Façade is a psychological drama, The Party will be a darkly comic social melodrama, along the lines of Desperate Housewives.
The whole world of Façade is pregnant with dramatic possibility.
It's façade is covered with hundreds of masks depicting the rain god, Chac.
That particular façade is a reconstruction, a pastichewartime Fitzrovia took some hits from the Luftwaffeand right behind is the Post Office Tower, municipal and seedy by day, but at night, half-concealed and decently illuminated, a valiant memorial to more optimistic days.
Doriana and Massimiliano Fuksas said: “The building that incorporates Armani/5th Avenue holds a very important place in the history of architecture because its façade is one of the first examples of the “International Style”.