from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A pie made of apples variously prepared, inclosed in or covered with paste, and baked.
- noun An English name for a species of willow-herb, Epilobium hirsutum.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- A pie made of apples (usually sliced or stewed) with spice and sugar.
- a bed in which, as a joke, the sheets are so doubled (like the cover of an apple turnover) as to prevent any one from getting at his length between them.
- [Colloq.] perfect order or arrangement.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A pie or
tartmade with a filling of cooked apples.
- noun figuratively Anything
- verb transitive Of a bed, to make an
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun pie (with a top crust) containing sliced apples and sugar
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.