from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A glazed, ring-shaped roll with a tough, chewy texture, made from plain yeast dough that is dropped briefly into nearly boiling water and then baked.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A toroidal bread roll that is boiled before it is baked.
- n. A score of 6-0 in a set (after the shape of a bagel, which looks like a zero).
- n. An overly materialistic and excessively groomed young man.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a glazed leavened doughnut-shaped roll with a hard crust.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (Yiddish) glazed yeast-raised doughnut-shaped roll with hard crust
The best place I know to get a bagel is the Bagel Hole in Brooklyn (7th Ave between 12th and 13th Sts), where the bagels are small, dense, moist, and chewy.
Bagels or other bakery or grocery store: Plain bagel or honey whole-wheat bagel with 1 or 2 Tbsp. low-fat plain or low-fat strawberry cream cheese or whipped smoked salmon cream cheese
I know what REAL pizza tastes like, and I know that a bagel is much more than a roll with a hole in the middle.
I would like a cinnamon raisin bagel with cream cheese on the side.
: D I love their multigrain bagel and their everything bagel.
I live a block away from this place, I would like to know who sourced their crack-cocaine, because +$6 for a bagel is utter insanity.
I had come across a delicious looking, sweet pumpkin bagel recipe over at Have Cake Will Travel a couple months ago and with a small surplus of the main ingredient lying wait in my freezer I made myself a plan.
As long as the Hollywood "Hebrews" can make a profit ... they're as happy as Mort Zuckerman in bagel heaven!
Would it spontaniously combust? what if I call my bagel a “bread casserole”, would it be safe then?
Peggy 6: a one-man moveon. org energizer bunny. funny -- liberals hate monopolies -- except when they grace (monopolize) a blog with their wisdom. like the Mon. morning 20-min bagel meeting that turns into 2 hours of kvetching about everything from a to z.