from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb Used other than as an idiom: see
- verb nautical To
- verb intransitive To
- verb intransitive, with on To approach in a determined manner.
- verb intransitive To exert downward pressure on one's abdomen, as in giving birth, forcing out feces, and some similar bodily maneuvers.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb exert full strength
- verb exert a force with a heavy weight
- verb pay special attention to
- verb contract the abdominal muscles during childbirth to ease delivery
- verb to make a rush at or sudden attack upon, as in battle
- verb exert a force or cause a strain upon
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.