from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Used other than as an idiom: see bear, down.
- v. To approach from windward.
- v. To intensify one's efforts.
- v. To approach in a determined manner.
- v. To exert downward pressure on one's abdomen, as in giving birth, forcing out feces, and some similar bodily maneuvers.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. exert full strength
- v. exert a force with a heavy weight
- v. pay special attention to
- v. contract the abdominal muscles during childbirth to ease delivery
- v. to make a rush at or sudden attack upon, as in battle
- v. exert a force or cause a strain upon
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.