from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that beats, especially a device for beating: a carpet beater.
- n. A person who drives wild game from under cover for a hunter.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Someone or something that beats.
- n. A kitchen implement for mixing.
- n. A stick used to play a percussion instrument.
- n. A man who drives game towards shooters in a hunting party, often working in a group.
- n. A papermaking machine for processing fibres by fibrillation in order to improve bonding strength
- n. An automobile in poor operating condition.
- n. A sleeveless undershirt.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, beats.
- n. A person who beats up game for the hunters.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who beats: as, a carpet-beater; a drum-beater.
- n. In hunting, one who rouses or beats up game.
- n. That which beats or is used in beating.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an implement for beating
- n. a worker who rouses wild game from under cover for a hunter
Beat constantly with electric beater while it cooks for 7 minutes or until it will stand in peaks when beater is raised.
My beater is a Win. 67, given to me by a brother-in-law in 1952, no frills or foofaraw, or scope, just a very dependable single shot .22 that I have killed hundreds of squirrels and rabbits with, and wouldn't trade it for a boat load of tricked-out 10/22s.
A wife-beater is an undershirt with no arms, stereotypically worn without a covering shirt by the kind of guys who feature prominently on the TV show “Cops”.
The batter should be light and fall in a ribbon when the beater is lifted.
Martin's biggest bucket was a buzzer beater from the left corner that made it 115-110 with 1: 11 remaining, and Baron Davis, who led the Warriors with 28 points, misfired twice on 3-pointers in the final minute.
Ford hit a buzzer-beater from the foul line, reserve guard Fred Jones scored a season-high 23 points and the injury-riddled Raptors held off a determined Elton Brand down the stretch to beat the Los Angeles Clippers 98-96 Wednesday night.
Yours truly avec mustache (I think the "wife beater" is a nice touch too).
4: 46 PM comments: simmone said ... the only thing worse than one bongo beater is MANY.
That girlfriend-beater is really turning out to be every publicist’s dream … ..
A spoon or fork took too long so the beater was the only answer.