from The Century Dictionary.

  • noun An agent, such as gum arabic, employed to effect the emulsification of a fixed oil.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.

  • noun A substance that helps an emulsion form, or helps keep an emulsion from separating.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • noun a surface-active agent that promotes the formation of an emulsion


Sorry, no etymologies found.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.