from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The relative importance of performers as indicated by the position and type size in which their names are listed on programs, theater marquees, or advertisements: top billing.
- n. Advertising; promotion: The product needed better billing to outsell its competition.
- n. The total amount of business done in a specific period, as by an advertising agency or a law firm. Often used in the plural.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of bill.
- n. Amounts billed
- n. Accounts receivable
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- Caressing; kissing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A caressing after the fashion of doves; love-making: as, “your billings and cooings,”
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. request for payment of a debt
Sorry, no etymologies found.
He hooked up with America's sweetheart Meg Ryan while they were making Innerspace, gave a crackerjack performance in The Big Easy and cemented his above the title billing opposite Cher in Suspect.
All the major players are back to voice them, including Hanks and Allen who, on the posters that proclaimed "the toys are back in town", got actual above the title billing, a rarity in animation at the time, but yet another aspect of name casting that's all-too overused now.
There are several changes being made in billing for services in the endocrinology/diabetes department at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
Frankly, I personally hate that and think this type of billing is really stupid.
So, to maintain quality, Bandwidth Caps and metered billing, is all about reducing the total number of hours of saturation of the network by controlling use, and making high use customers pay for the additional time they keep the network busy.
Billing used to be scattered and took me forever, but now I just note my time in a Google Doc and at the beginning of each month, billing is magically handled for me.
Difference in billing between male and female practitioners
For each keyword or set of keywords, top billing is auctioned off to the highest bidder, depending upon time of day, geographical location or other factors, and can range from one penny per click to more than $20 per click.
The notion that lawyers should be more willing to do “pro-bono work” and be less concerned about billing is offensive in the extreme.
The metered billing is TWC's proposed answer to the problem of bandwidth hogging super users.