from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An internal mechanism in organisms that controls the periodicity of various functions or activities, such as metabolic changes, sleep cycles, or photosynthesis.
- n. The progression or time period from puberty to menopause, marking a woman's ability to bear children.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of several mechanisms that regulate the periodicity of biological functions
- n. The progression from puberty to menopause during which a woman can bear children
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an innate mechanism in living organisms that controls the periodicity of many physiological functions
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The ability of its human’s biological clock to reset itself almost immediately to whatever new world Flinx happened to find himself on was one that never ceased to amaze the multifaceted artificial mind.