from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A sheep with black fleece.
- n. A member of a family or other group who is considered undesirable or disreputable.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Used other than as an idiom: see black, sheep.
- n. a nonconformist; an unusual or unconventional person
- n. a disliked person; one who is disfavored
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. one in a family or company who is unlike the rest, and makes trouble.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a reckless and unprincipled reprobate
- n. sheep with a black coat
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.