from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Anatomy The small, circular, optically insensitive region in the retina where fibers of the optic nerve emerge from the eyeball. It has no rods or cones.
- noun An area that one cannot see because of an obstruction.
- noun An area where radio reception is weak or nonexistent.
- noun A subject about which one is markedly ignorant or prejudiced.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The place where the
optic nerveattaches to the retina, and so where the retinacannot detect light.
- noun In
driving, the part of the road that cannot be seen in the rear-view mirror.
- noun figuratively An inability to
recognizea fact or thinkclearly about a certain topic, especially because of a prejudice.
- noun A location where
radio receptionand/or transmissionis significantly poorer than in surrounding locations.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the point where the optic nerve enters the retina; not sensitive to light
- noun a subject about which you are ignorant or prejudiced and fail to exercise good judgment
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.