from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who has served in a military campaign
- n. A military veteran
- n. A person who campaigns for a person running for political office
- n. Someone with experience in a certain field.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who has served in an army in several campaigns; an old soldier; a veteran.
- n. one who is campaigning, especially a politician running for elective office, or one of his/her supporters.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who is or has been in active service in a campaign or campaigns.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a politician who is running for public office
Sorry, no etymologies found.
To marginalize the President of the United States of America as nothing more than a "campaigner" is pretty pathetic.
RICHARD DAWKINS, the atheist campaigner, is planning a legal ambush to have the Pope arrested during his state visit to Britain “for crimes against humanity”.
RICHARD DAWKINS, the atheist campaigner, is planning a legal ambush to have the Pope arrested during his state visit to Britain “for crimes against humanity”. here
Some people were amused by the idea and tweeted the link of the article and a friend of mine wrote to me saying that the campaigner is likely to have a crowd supporting his campaign that you could fit in a phone booth.
This Wright thing being choreographed by a Clinton campaigner is the last straw.
It's about having a more effective Welsh Government and any no campaigner is in my opinion, a traiter to the people of Wales.
In a letter to the Met on January 23, Mr Watson - a long-term campaigner on the hacking issue - urged officers to examine whether a crime had been committed and whether the newspaper had misled the court.
Sara Payne, mother of Sarah and long-term campaigner on opening up information for parents, welcomed the next stage of the roll out.
Ms Greening, who is a long-term campaigner against the expansion of Heathrow airport, said:
The heir to the throne has been a long-term campaigner on the issue and set up his Rainforests Project group in 2007 to help find a solution to saving the world's threatened rainforests and help reduce global warming.