from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A stolen article found on the person of the thief.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A thing stolen found on the person of the thief.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Act or fact: used of the commission of theft.
- n. That which is stolen; evidence of guilt found on an offender, as stolen goods.
Anglo-Norman meinoure, Old French manuevre. See maneuver and French main hand. (Wiktionary)
• Contiguous to Mr* Allworthy's eftate, was the mainor of one of thofe gentlemen, who are called