from The Century Dictionary.
- noun Act or fact: used of the commission of theft.
- noun That which is stolen; evidence of guilt found on an offender, as stolen goods.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (O. Eng. Law) A thing stolen found on the person of the thief.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun law, UK, obsolete A stolen article found on the person of the
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Anglo-Norman meinoure, Old French manuevre. See maneuver and French main hand.
• Contiguous to Mr* Allworthy's eftate, was the mainor of one of thofe gentlemen, who are called
New comments are temporarily disabled while we update our database.