from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A copy of a document made by using carbon paper.
- noun A copy of a document made by using a photocopier or similar mechanism.
- noun A copy of an electronic document sent to people in addition to the addressed recipient.
- noun A person or thing that closely resembles another.
- transitive verb To reproduce (a document) as a carbon copy.
- transitive verb To send (an electronic document) as a carbon copy.
- transitive verb To designate (someone) as the recipient of a carbon copy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A
copyproduced in an alternated stack of ordinary sheets of paper and carbon papers. The pressionapplied on the top sheet (by a pen or typewriter) causes every carbon paper to release its carbon cover, thus reproducing the writing on the subjacentlayers of paper.
- noun Any
- verb To create a carbon copy of.
- verb Internet make a copy for, send a duplicate to,
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a copy made with carbon paper
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.