from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of complete.
- adj. finished
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. brought to a conclusion.
- adj. successfully accomplished or achieved.
- adj. completed by the first act of sexual intercourse after the ceremony; consummated; -- of a marriage. Opposite of
- adj. caught in bounds by a player on the same side as the passer; -- said of a forward pass.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. successfully completed or brought to an end
- adj. (of a marriage) completed by the first act of sexual intercourse after the ceremony
- adj. caught
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The Bible teaches us of a Creation as a definite act, completed at a definite period in the past, and it gives us the Sabbath as the divine memorial of this _completed_ Creation.
A publication under the same title completed the course.
The good news, based on research that we and our colleagues at McKinsey & Company recently completed, is that the United States could dramatically increase the number of top students who choose teaching by adopting some of these countries 'practices.
Do you think the reason why they are not getting the loan modification processed and completed is because they haven't been delinquent yet?
New York builder Jonathan Rose Cos., meanwhile, is building $750 million of green affordable-housing projects and manages about $1.3 billion in completed green projects.
Kevin completed his studies at NYU in May of 2009 with Honors and immediately signed on with Inhabitat.
The Sheehan, which I have completed, is one of the best books on any subject that I have even read, with striking insights on every page — almost in every other sentence.
ISS Docking completed is the next entry in this blog.
Benjamin completed her residency in family practice at the Medical Center of Central Georgia (1987) and has served as CEO of the Bayou La Batre Rural Health Clinic since its founding in 1990.
I second the nomination for Song of Ice and Fire series and add The Wheel of Time series, which, while not yet completed, is one of the most engrossing fantasy series ever published.