from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. An agent that produces cooling, especially a fluid that draws off heat by circulating through an engine or by bathing a mechanical part.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. A medium, usually fluid, used to draw heat from an object.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. a fluid (gas or liquid) used to cool a device by transferring heat away from one part to another.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. a fluid agent (gas or liquid) that produces cooling; especially one used to cool a system by transferring heat away from one part to another


Sorry, no etymologies found.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.

  • That's the tiniest leather jacket I've ever seen.

    December 25, 2009