from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. A small jug or pitcher for cream.
  • n. A machine or device for separating cream from milk.
  • n. A refrigerator in which milk is placed to form cream.
  • n. A substitute for cream: a nondairy coffee creamer.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. A jug for holding cream.
  • n. A separator for removing cream from milk to leave skimmed milk.
  • n. A nondairy product that adds a creamy texture to coffee.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. a small pitcher for serving cream.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. An apparatus for the artificial separation of cream from milk. It is usually made on the centrifugal principle.
  • n. A small vessel for holding cream at table; a cream-jug.
  • n. A refrigerator or cooling-cabinet in which fresh milk, placed in deep cylindrical cans, is kept cool by means of ice or cold water while the cream rises naturally.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. a small pitcher for serving cream


Sorry, no etymologies found.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.

  • "I met a non-dairy creamer explicitly laid out like a fruitcake/With a wet spot bigger than a Great Lake"

    - Guided By Voices, "Hot Freaks"

    January 15, 2007