from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Slang A coating or an incrustation of filth or refuse.
- n. Slang Something loathsome, despicable, or worthless.
- n. Slang One who is contemptible or disgusting.
- n. A disease or ailment, imaginary or real, especially one affecting the skin.
- n. Sports Heavy, sticky snow that is unsuitable for skiing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. dirt, filth or refuse
- n. Something of poor quality.
- n. Mixed impurities, especially corrosion products in nuclear reactor fuel
- n. A heavy wet snow on which it is difficult to ski
- n. Crap, excrement.
- n. A contemptible person.
- n. venereal disease, or (later) any disease
- n. A fast-paced game, loosely based on billiards or pool, with many players participating at the same time.
- interj. Non-vulgar interjection expressing annoyance, anxiety, etc.; sugar, damn.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. See curd.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- An obsolete or dialectal form of curd.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. heavy wet snow that is unsuitable for skiing
- n. any substance considered disgustingly foul or unpleasant
- n. an ill-defined bodily ailment
Clearing crud is one of the hardest parts until we realize it drags down our energy and makes us feel bad about ourselves.
Sorry to hear the crud is getting the better of you.
But the lousy thing about this crud is that I kept having relapses.
I hope most of this crud is coming from Republican trolls.
This just proves that, like it or not, the crud is where the vitality is.
It doesn’t matter what anybody says, you know that this crud is worthless.
The quote has to be heroically stupid to warrant a click and your output so far has been banal, trite and dim, typical BT crud in other words.
If you were one of the 16,300 fans who drove through the late autumn mist to sit on those unforgiving wood bleachers on Saturday afternoon, you probably didn't know that the Jayhawks were under the weather, and you probably would have watched the first half and assumed "the crud" was the name of KU's new offense.
McCain has pulled political stunt after stunt in his campaign, and this robocalling crud grinds my gears.
Could that be because he thinks C-SPAN II viewers dig that kind of crud?