from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun An end of a passage, especially a street, that affords no exit.
- noun A street or road affording no exit.
- noun A situation or subject that allows for no progress or development.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun idiomatic A
pathor strategythat goes nowhere or is blocked on one end.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a situation in which no progress can be made or no advancement is possible
- noun a passage with access only at one end
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.