from The Century Dictionary.
- noun etc. See
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The action of
- noun Something
- noun An
argumentin supportor justificationof something.
- verb obsolete, transitive To
furnishwith defences; to fortify.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun an organization of defenders that provides resistance against attack
- noun (sports) the team that is trying to prevent the other team from scoring
- noun protection from harm
- noun a defendant's answer or plea denying the truth of the charges against him
- noun (military) military action or resources protecting a country against potential enemies
- noun the act of defending someone or something against attack or injury
- noun (psychiatry) an unconscious process that tries to reduce the anxiety associated with instinctive desires
- noun a structure used to defend against attack
- noun the defendant and his legal advisors collectively
- noun the justification for some act or belief
- noun the speech act of answering an attack on your assertions
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Opposition parties on Monday urged Defence Minister Joe Modise to furnish Parliament with the full reasons for defence secretary
Defence Minister Joe Modise was not yet in control of the affairs of the Department of Defence, defence secretary Pierre
Defence Minister Ronnie Kasrils together with the secretary of defence and the defence force chief would ensure that corporate decisions and guidelines were implemented.
But if he repels the violence in a moderate way, it will be a lawful defence: for according to the Civil and Canon Laws it is allowable _to repel force by force with the moderation of a blameless defence_.
Defence Secretary Robert ... defence secretary Robert Gates began meetings aimed at persuading the country defence secretary Robert Gates that it can't launch any new offensives against militants for six months to a
Bob Ainsworth: The New Defence SecretaryWhen you think things couldn't get worse this joker gets the defence secretary job.
A sequence that led to only 10 points being taken from 11 matches before the turn of the year, a period in which Frank Lampard, John Terry, Michael Essien and Alex were absent and Didier Drogba played despite suffering from malaria, wrecked their title defence and effectively reduced them to a pursuit of second place.
Their title defence hogs the focus, the sporting director, Frank Arnesen, is serving his notice period and the manager's own future will be determined only when the league campaign has concluded.
Ashley Young could have been forgiven a certain giddiness, his signature still wet on a five-year contract at Manchester United with a title defence and Champions League football to come.
Justin Rose, who won last year's Memorial tournament by two shots, launched his title defence with an opening 71.