from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to a director or directorate.
- adj. Serving to direct; directive.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to a director
- adj. Of or pertaining to administration or to a directorate
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the quality of a director, or authoritative guide; directive.
- adj. Pertaining to: director or directory; specifically, relating to the Directory of France under the first republic. See Directory, 3.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- That directs; invested with direction or control.
- Belonging to a director or a body of directors, as the French Directory.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
After Sidney Sheinberg, then vice president of production for Universal's TV arm, saw the film, he signed Spielberg to a long-term directorial contract.
Besides, I doubt if you talked to the executives -- certain directorial boards who earn $208,333 a month, for example -- they'd be the ones feeling bummed.
Reuters - Actress Angelina Jolie uses a mobile phone at the set during the filming of her yet untitled directorial …
Actress Angelina Jolie R talks to actors during the filming of her yet untitled directorial debut in Budapest November 8, 2010.
Soon after the release of New York, Yash Raj has Ranbir romancing 20-year-old debutante Shazahn Padamsee in Rocket Singh: Salesman of the year and Parmeet Sethi's untitled directorial venture will see Shahid with Anushka Sharma.
August 12th, 2009 Music-composer Pritam is heard to be brain-storming over the music of Parmeet Sethi's untitled directorial venture under Yash Raj Productions.
If Butler is Arcade Fire's cerebral anchor – he diplomatically describes his role in the group as "directorial" – then his wife, Régine Chassagne, a Haitian-Canadian who studied medieval classical music for 10 years, is its heart and soul.
The executive authority of the Confederation was vested by turns in the six cantons of Bern, Freiburg, Lucerne, Zürich, Basel and Solothurn, the "directorial" canton being known as the _Vorort_, and its chief magistrate as the _Landammann_, of the Confederation.
But there is something else as well - a kind of directorial "signature" in Bigelow's films.
The English actor makes his directorial debut with a Serbian-set Shakespeare classic.