from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Obsolete spelling of distributor.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, distributes or deals out anything; a dispenser.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which distributes.
- n. In printing, the appliance in a linotype machine which returns to the magazine for re-use the matrices which have just been used in composition and casting.
- n. In electricity, a panel, pillar or small switchboard by means of which the various circuits for a building or suite of rooms are connected to the mains.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. electrical device that distributes voltage to the spark plugs of a gasoline engine in the order of the firing sequence
- n. someone who markets merchandise
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The water is introduced by means of a distributer, which is fitted in the interior of the turbine chamber, and occupies a certain portion of its circumference.
The seat beside the distributer is the most coveted.
This difficulty M. Gramme overcame with characteristic ingenuity by adding to the ordinary system a "distributer" capable of delivering plus and minus currents alternately, thus equalizing the consumption, besides being able to supply a large number of candles on the multiple circuit system, each circuit supporting four or five lamps.
'distributer' was killed under the same circumstances.
Among the company's investments since then, San Miguel bought a 33% stake in Manila Electric Co., the Philippines' largest power distributor, and a 68% holding in Petron Corp., the Philippines' largest oil refiner and distributer.
It's funny you mention this because my comic distributer recommended this based on me being a Conan fan.
Try calling a restaurant, like La Piazzetta (they usually have mussels on their menu) at 322-222-0650 or she could try calling Pro-Mar which is a seafood distributer just off the Libramiento and Fco.
URGH.horrid. im surprised this movie even found a distributer.
But, "we don't want to run empty on cream as well," says Lars Galtung, spokesman for farmer's cooperative Tine SA, the country's biggest producer and distributer of dairy products.
That said, no director, stars or distributer have been named.