from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A dealer in a specific commodity. Often used in combination: an ironmonger.
- n. A person promoting something undesirable or discreditable. Often used in combination: a scandalmonger; a warmonger.
- transitive v. To peddle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A dealer in a specific commodity, normally used in combination
- n. A person promoting something undesirable, always used in combination
- v. To sell or peddle something
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A trader; a dealer; -- now used chiefly in composition.
- n. A small merchant vessel.
- transitive v. To deal in; to make merchandise of; to traffic in; -- used chiefly of discreditable traffic.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To traffic in; deal in; make merchandise of: chiefly used in composition with its object, and often implying a petty and discreditable traffic.
- n. A trader; a dealer: now used only or chiefly in composition: as, fishmonger, ironmonger. It is often used allusively, implying a petty or discreditable traffic or activity, as in scandal-monger, mutton-monger, whoremonger.
- n. A small kind of trading-vessel.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. sell or offer for sale from place to place
- n. someone who purchases and maintains an inventory of goods to be sold
McChrystal is just another war monger from the Bush administration.
This piece of dreck fear monger is only saying this to scare uninformed jews into voting for her and her political cronies.
What a phoney war monger is a better description than the over blown title of war hero.
Obama's use of the word fear monger is identical to Bush's use of the word Unpatriotic.
A Fear monger is now anybody who challenges Obama's ability to govern.
April 30th, 2008 7: 32 pm ET americans are seeing obama for what he is, a typical politician, who lies. for a harvard grad to say he had no idea for 20 years, that rev. wright was a hate monger, is an insult to americans. the liberal media can spin this any way they want, but small town america isn't buying the spin, the polls are reflective of that.
Anderson Cooper, the rumor monger, is like listening to a five-year-old tell a tale of who got hit by a UFO while crossing the street.
I don’t give a rat’s ass what some Republican ball monger is hoping and praying for … ….
Puh-lease every single one of us knows that Obama is not a war monger, which is precisely what Duhbya, Cheney, and the rest of BushCo are.
The thing is, I don't think Lynne is likely to be representative of the entire "monger" community.