from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A constellation of the Southern Hemisphere near Reticulum and Pictor, containing a great portion of the large Magellanic Cloud.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A small southern constellation, created by Bayer, north of the great Magellanic cloud.
- noun [lowercase] Same as
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Astron.) A southern constellation, within which is the south pole of the ecliptic; -- called also sometimes
Xiphias, or the Swordfish.
- noun (Zoöl.) A large, oceanic fish of the genus Coryphæna.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A fish, the
mahi-mahior dolphin, scientific name Coryphaena hippurus, with a dorsal fin that runs the length of the body, also known for iridescent coloration.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a constellation in the southern hemisphere near Reticulum and Pictor; contains most of the Large Magellanic Cloud
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[Spanish, dolphin (fish), from Late Latin deaurātus, past participle of deaurāre, to gild; see dory.]
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From Spanish dorado, from the verb dorar ("gild, give a golden color").
Sorry, no example sentences found.