from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of dot.
- adj. Of a line, made up of a series of dots.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Marked with, or made of, dots or small spots; diversified with small, detached objects.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Marked with a dot or dots; spotted: as. a dotted pattern, the dotted i.
- Consisting of dots, as, a dotted line.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having gaps or spaces
- adj. having a pattern of dots
Sorry, no etymologies found.
When a user types an address, such as telegraph.co.uk, the request is first sent to a DNS server which translates the human-readable address into a computer-readable one known as a "dotted quad".
IP address for the destination network in dotted decimal notation.
An IP address in dotted decimal notation to be associated with the hardware address in the ARP cache.
The IP address in dotted decimal notation of the SNMP console to which the device transmits a trap message each time one is generated.
The certificate revocation list (CRL) LDAP server IP address in dotted decimal notation.
The IP address in dotted decimal notation or the domain name of the ultimate destination.
The IP address in dotted decimal notation of the SNMP console that has access to this device.
The subnet mask in dotted decimal notation for the StartIPAddress address range.
The LDAP server IP address in dotted decimal notation.
An IP address is a 32-bit number written in dotted decimal notation: four 8-bit fields (octets) converted from binary to decimal numbers, separated by dots.