from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Lacking consistency; uneven.
- adj. Having or marked with spots; spotted.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having spots; spotted.
- adj. Of inconsistent quality
- n. A slang name for a common New Zealand fish
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Full of spots; marked with spots.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Full of spots; marked with spots; spotted.
- Occurring in spots or irregularly: as, hops are said to run spotty when the crops are unequal.
- Patchy; lacking harmony of parts; without unity.
- n. A New Zealand fish, a wrasse, Pseudolabrus bothryocosmus. Also called poddly and kelp-fish.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having spots or patches (small areas of contrasting color or texture)
- adj. lacking consistency
And there's been a lot of what we call a spotty going on.
Iowa State product started just 35 games in spotty six-season career; was named NBA Development
That said, my access to such things will remain spotty for the next month or so as I make my way back to Philly.
And it became so insistent in talking about this that he became known as spotty Lincoln.
If the image is too minutely and accurately displayed, it be - comes what, in painting, we call spotty; that is, instead of con - centrating the attention to one general combination of parts, sub - ordinate to each other, it leaves it distracted and confused among many parts, equally glaring and prominent.
Mr. Beck has what can best be described as a spotty knowledge of many things on which he pronounces, but nowhere is that more evident then in his lame attempt to claim that social justice is an alien graft onto religion, rather than of its essence.
This will inevitably change as my routine becomes more settled, but for now, communication shall remain spotty.
Her payments since her release from prison have been spotty, which is why you remanded her to prison for contempt.
That's a really important thing because, you know, the rainfall can be very scattered and very spotty, that is especially in our thunderstorm season.
But now your playlists have a Download button-tap it, and all the songs in that list get downloaded so you can listen to them when you don't have an Internet connection (or have one that can be spotty, which is often the case when you're driving).